2 May 2012

First survivors spotted!

When I bought my Urban war female militia with pistols, I've got one guy instead of girl. I wrote about it to Urban war, and after quite some time (my mail went in their junk, but the guy apologized like 3 times or so :P), I've got it. It was one of my favorites, but isn't any more. When my brother and I played On the road scenario (short report with few findings to follow some other day next month, when I won't have time to do anything but want to keep posting), he was playing with those 3 miniatures. The "lost girl" was his sheeple, because he voted her the ugliest :P.

To show you what I mean, here are two pictures of my (first!) 3 survivors:


They don't have the names yet, but when we played they were named Tanya, Sonya and Alex(andra). There is no extensive thinking behind the pickings. We wanted to name them for the laughs and my brother figured the first one (so Tanya) looks like a russian (no offense here ;) ) so they were all Eastern Europeans. From left to right:
Tanya wears red and black combination and is my hands-down favorite from those three. I've tried to give her latex boots an imitation of gloss, but failed. Did gloss varnished her, tho, so half work done there! I hope you can see she has a patch over her eye. It looks uber cool to me, and no, it wasn't planned. I made a lifetime mistake of trying to paint the girl's eyes. My hand shook and I blew half of her face. So I just made her a patch, problem solved. She has the best face for it, from the 3, so I can call myself pretty lucky. As most of the figures, she is dressed in short skirt, to confuse the living and some kind of lether jacket.
Sonya, in the middle has black and red combination as well, but I've gave her green skirt and blonde hair. We don't want them all to look identical now, do we? Nothing else special, you can see the grey dots at the eyes, I am not trying to fix that anymore! I could do more work on her belt, but the thing is, I was working for 3 days on those 3, because I lack the time (lots to do by the end of the week :( ).
Alex is the one that came late. You can see she is quite muscular, which isn't weird, considering she carries this huge pistol. I wanted to get more constrast between her top and pants, but kind of failed. I did gave her red all star converse shoes, which are quite a lovely touch!

Let that be all for today. I am surprisingly brief, but honestly, I've been typing for 3 days now about IAEA and intelligence's role on countering terrorism, so I hate my keyboard a bit at the moment, hehe.

I could also tell you I got drafted a little "thinking post" for my campaign...as said I will post it some day next month and it will include few short ideas and a to-do list (very shortened, I may add) before I start my campaign. Currently, I am searching the net for suitable miniatures for the heroes to-be.




Cheers,
Mathyoo

10 comments:

  1. Very nice mate. Eyes really annoy me especially female ones for some reason. Patches are cool anyhow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, love the new pic :P

      Yeah, I think I'll just go with closed eyes and take pictures from far, so it won't be noticable, haha.

      Delete
  2. Your photos are just a bit too dark, Mathyoo, but from what I can make out your paint jobs seem fine to me. If you hadn't told me that one of the girls had an eye-patch I'd never have noticed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking group of survivors. Can't wait to see them attempt to survive in your city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Survivors are always welcome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Vampifan Thats daylight-only. Will fix that. And will take a pic with patch shown better one day, I've turned her so badly you can't see that eye, heh.
    @Adam Thank you. Last time they tried, few of them jumped short and got eaten :P
    @Siwoc Haha, I imagine zombie wargaming quite boring if there'd only be zombies :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look good. I like your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Everything works with black :D

      Delete
  7. Good looking minis and a good start to your survivors.

    ReplyDelete