8 Jun 2014

Warlord games sprues arrived!


 Hello guys,

It's been a busy week here so I didn't get much hobby stuff done. My Warlord games parcel arrived however and I started working on some of them.

As I got nothing better to post about, I figured I'd give you some info on yet more "subprojects" I plan to start sooner or later.

Firstly, you can see a sprue of "Blitzkrieg Germans" (Early war) and a German weapons sprue down below.
Nothing fancy here. At 50% off, those seem like a reasonable purchase to use in my SA, Pulp (yes,I'd play pulp era one day :P) and WWWII games. I got some other things laying around I could use for weird war, so some random Germans seemed appropriate. I also bought a weapons sprue, mainly for MG42, but I've only used MG32 so far.

Looking at the available sprues, I also figured I could make a sprue of Celts work. I will convert them to represent dark age warriors for my Carantania fantasy project. I haven't done much since last WIP post in that direction, but well, at least now I will have a chance to put together some heroes. I should paint my dog soldiers, that'll bring my enthusiasm back!

My moderns mojo is still going strong, so this where my main focus is lately. When I was making an order, I had to make sure to keep it over 10 pounds to qualify for a cheaper postage (I hate postage :D). I didn't want to just buy some random stuff either, so after a short consideration, I decided to buy me a sprue of WW2 USMC. I will convert them to Evergreen army to tag along with the good guys and be generally useless and reluctant. I am sorry I didn't bought at least another sprue now that I am working on them and I think I could use more :D.

Below is the progress I've made so far. To the left side (greenstuffed) are 4  members of the "good guys" fire team. The first idea was to arm them with AKs, but as those are so precious, I went with "american provided" M16s and MG3/MG53 for a support gunner. For the latter, I simply used MG34 and made it a tad more "rectangular".  It can't be seen clearly, but one of the riflemen will also carry a drum loaded semi automatic GL from WGF survivors sprue to act as a grenadier. I'd prefer to sculpt a one shot kind (like M79, but a tad more modern - CIS 40 GL), but I can't be bothered by it right now as I got lots of other weapons started.

Other two bodies (prone and kneeling) will be devoted to insurgents' cause. One will be a sniper and BAR gunner will be converted to a PK GPMG gunner to give them some extra firepower. I hope I can manage to finish those (pre-paint) by mid week!

Lastly, here is a shot of new take on that sniper I was showing few posts back. From bottom up:
old version, new version, .50 sniper (hardly started).

That's it for today unfortunately, but surely I'll be able to show better stuff next time!

Thanks for looking,
Mathyoo

14 comments:

  1. You always seem to have lots of interesting stuff on the go. Today is no exception. It will be good to see these all come to fruition. For some strange reason I am most keen to see the Americans come to life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, thanks Clint!
      I really like working with USMC for now, so they'll certainly be finished first!

      Delete
  2. Very cool ideas mate looking forward to seeing them finished. You could always convert a set of shotgun arms. Trim the barrel shorter and increase the thickness of it. M79 all sorted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brummie. I actually have a metal M79, but I figured I'd prefer a more modern version. I have to say your idea is so awesomely fantastic I still simply went ahead with it and I'm converting a shot gun to an M79 as I type this - That's just too fantastic to pass!

      Delete
  3. Getting goodies in the post is always exciting, but if it's keeping you motivated it's an added bonus.
    Glad to see you're still honing your sculpting skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, I agree - usually my enthusiasm vanishes as soon as I have to do something with the stuff I get :D

      Delete
  4. Nice sprues dude.
    Good to see you have plenty of ideas, for what to do with it all.
    Can't wait to see some of it finished and painted dude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob! I hope I won't put them down for another year after the first batch :P

      Delete
  5. Converting the plastic! Always great to see what you make of this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love converting them, but paintng them isn't much fun as it always ends up worse than I'd want it :P.
      I'm actually hording metal miniatures now that will be converted as well, but that's going to take a while still :)

      Delete
  6. New toys! Always exciting, isn't it :-) .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice haul of goodies, Mathyoo. I look forward to seeing them completed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm working on them full speed :P

      Delete