However, the thing is I've made so much progress I couldn't post those pics and I couldn't get myself to take the new ones. Sorry :P. But now I'm doing it!
Hobby-wise, I did quite somethings about half way. I'm currently painting 6 WGF zeds and Im having problems with the yellow and a brown wash, so I hardly get myself to paint them more. I'll just sit one day behind the table and finish them. Looks like I really can't do 6 of them at once...unless I'd want them all in same colours, which I do not want. That is one of the reasons you can paint more mantic zeds at once, but not WGF's ones. Or well, I can't. I think I won't paint any miniatures for a week or two then, to get my interest back, and will model and sculpt in the mean time.
I've also decided I will rush on with my campaign and I will start it eventhough I don't have all the minies and scenery built, nor painted. I will also drop my standards and won't have (too many) bloggers as my heroes. Well, I got me, but not civilian version...it was out of stock and I've changed my mind. And I got three other bloggers. Okay, plus Shelldrake, lol. Sorry mate! I will probably just paint the main heroes and make another post, showing the brave guys to you....and asking the real guys if they mind being glorified for eternity!
Well, let me save the rambligns about the campaign for some other day and get to the pictury stuff:
Below, four of the body bags. Again, the third from the left is a bit more detailed now. The extra putty at the zip was cleaned and I've sculpted hands. If it is unclear, it is supposed to represent a dead body reanimating, tearing open his bag :P.
A close up on the face...you can't see much because the camera on my phone realyl isn't the best. Therefore, I pronounce this pic useless.
Moving on, we got a little conversion. It is an Urban war miniature (you can see raw mini here ), Male with a pistol. The converted part is his right hand, now sporting a bad ass revolver, kindly donated by Lord Siwoc. I've positioned a gun a bit angled, as if he'd have problems holding it. We're talking about .44 magnum here, guys!
Here are the early pics:
I was working more on the sculpt later, the bottom itself is nothing spectacular, but here is the top:
Shantak's skin is supposed to be scaly. Scales on this side of the mini ended up quite nice, but are horrible on the other side. The problem is I was so lost in how could I do it, I went for hexes, of a kind. The tail and legs still need a lot of work. Included is a start of his head, but I'm lost on this one as well and it will take me a while to figure it out.
Shantak is supposed to be something between the bird and the bat, here are its wings:
One turned out quite nicely, the other one not as much, so thats more like half-way done. He is supposed to be "sitting", which explains the wing's form. I've included a pic of assembled beast below, so it can give you a better picture of the idea.
So, seen from here, it needs work on the tail, on the legs, on the neck (I'll probably bend it a bit or something), the face and the wings. I will include few more fingers on the bends at the wings, something like Pterodaktyl's had. I planned on making a smaller one, but he ended up even smaller than I planned, so I could probably make a scenic base for him to sit on, to make him stand a bit higher. On the comparison pic below, you can see my yelow work in progress zombie (but he has been ruined with old brown wash by now). If you'd put a shantak on a round slotta base as well, he'd be a bit higher, to that might not be the best comparison.
And if you thought thats all I've got...never! Here are some plank fences:
Below, a size comparison pick with TAG headhunter mini:
...and now thats all for today.
Thanks for taking the time to read,