been working on the two vehicles from last post through these days. There isn't much to show, but it took me a bit of work every day to achieve what's done. Mostly because I had to apply milliput three times on the doors (and it's still not "perfect" but there is a limit to what I'm prepared to invest in those humvees :P).
So, what's been done since last time? I have cut the sides of the sloped back and filed them to make it roughly oval. Same with sides of the roof. I've filled the doors with some milliput to get the "uparmored" feeling. I was thinking about covering roughly half of the windows, as original M1114 has them square. I've tried to do that to one, but I have decided it is not worth the effort. It looks cooler this way. Remember, rule no. 1: cool beats real. I still haven't found suitable tubing for snorkels and I have gave up on drilling through the exhausts (perhaps you can see futile attempt on the silver one).
I've also gave it few light strokes with sanding paper, especially on plasticard. They were both sticky and this has helped. I must make sure I don't forget to cut vertical lines on each to form an opening door on the trunk. I still haven't even started thinking about how to tackle front bumper, let alone weapons stations that would turn. I was thinking about making a static emplacement, but found it too boring.
I have taken them apart as I'll spray them black as soon as I get to a can. Call me paranoid, but I don't feel comfortable with having a spray can in overheated car :P.
Nothing to write home about, but hopefully a start to an assault rifle (3 so I can give it 3 tries, but so far, only the middle one is resembling anything I'd be happy with at this stage)
Thanks for looking,