the work continues on the bunker (and a wish to make it in a smaller scale instead!).
The list of things done is rather extensive, counting the fact I barely touched it in the past two weeks.
First, I had to peel the paint off, as mentioned in the last post.
Next, I decided it needs the cuts in the roof to help keep water off it, and to give grass something to root into for camouflage (can't be seen on photos). I also started filling some holes with milliput and then I started working on the firing embrasures (a plate with three holes for the cloche, plus a single flank mounted machine-gun).
I also started preparing holes for ventilation, periscope and a grenade chute. Lastly, I sculpted a horrible stone wall that holds the mound of earth vertical at the entrance. I think I will redo it, but I would have to figure out how to make it look a bit more realistic.
What else can be seen is the fact that the turret in particular is very crooked, which is driving me mad. As usual, the lesson learned is that more time and attention should be invested in planning!
That's it for today!
Thanks for looking,