20 Nov 2012

Liebster Award!







Liebster award appears to be new thing in the 'hood. Or at least that is what I thought, but more on that later.

I must say I was quite surprised when I was nominated by Simon from the Brummie's wargaming blog. I am pretty sure most of the regular visitors of my blog know him already, but for those who don't, go check it out. Apart from, according to what I've read, talking in a dialect, so horrible people appear smarter if they don't talk at all (Wikipedia here, honestly!), he is a great chap with a blog I am always looking forward to see new posts at. He is working on a little bit of everything, my favorite topics being his victorian zombie campaign (that you should seriously push up your priority list, mate!) and his collection of...jamesbondian (yes, a horrible word, but you guys probably know what I mean) miniatures. Oh, Spy-fi. Thats the correct term! But the old James Bond - like, the ones I have nice memories of...not the new Rambo kind I refuse to watch.

Ah...lost myself again. So, anyway, here are the rules for the award nominations:

1. Copy and paste the award on your blog linking it to the blogger who has given it you.

2. Pass the award to your top 5 favourite blogs with less than 200 followers by leaving a comment on one of there posts to notify them that they have won the award and listing them on your own blog.

3. Sit back and bask in the warm fuzzy feeling that comes with knowing you have made someone's day!

4. There is no obligation to pass this onto someone else but its nice if you take the time to do so.


I got to say you should check Brummie's nominations for 4 other blogs I happen to follow and like. There are way too many somewhat unknown blogs out there that I could afford to repost anyone and here are my choices (obviously listed by no special order):

1. Cleverly named Miniatures, Painting and Hobbies by Adam. The blog posts follow his steady progress towards running a Zombie Outbreak campaign. It is nice to see city becoming populated, infected and built. Looking forward to "surviving the Havensburg"!


2. Plastic Zombie by Irqan. Zombie apocalypse in times of prohibition? YES PLEASE!

3. Lead Reconing by Fred. He got "off track" a bit lately, but it is mostly a 15mm zombie oriented blog, great for anyone wishing to game that scale.


4. Snitchythedog by Snitchythedog (who'd guess?). Again a zombie wargaming oriented blog...it is what got me into the blogging in the first place. It is my secret inspiration for all the little scenery bits Ill make "one day".


5. Last but not least, a blog called Strange Aeons Adventures. It contains exactly what it says on the tin. So you won't think I only read about zombies now!

I got to say this Liebster award got me curious and I did a little researching...it has been around for a while, but with different set of rules. I didn't went too deep, but I think there was 11 blogs to be linked that got 5,000 page views or something. I prefer the followers option, as views raise eventually, but showing off blogs that are only known "locally" works much better to spread the word about all the great people showing all the great stuff in all the hidden places of the 'net.


Unitl next time,
Mathyoo

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination and following the blog. Glad you enjoy it! Now, I have to get cracking to figure out 5 to nominate now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention Mathyoo, I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thank you for the nomination. I will post up this week in between packing and working the sale of the house. I am hoping to be back up and making terrain by July (sigh).
    Snitchy sends

    ReplyDelete
  4. No need to thank me, for sure. I usually don't support the "share this and share that" ideas, but this is a great way to show people (and to see) all the cool blogs out there. I've found many new myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers. Hopefully I will be "back on track" again. Thanks ofr the nomination.

    ReplyDelete