4 Oct 2014

Sniper!

Oh my!

New Evergreen Revolution Army (New ERA - working title!)'s propaganda machine has been successful in recruiting a local sharpshooter/hunter/FPS gamer. Equiped with a smelly set of fatigues and a scoped rifle, he is determined to bring terror to the Evergreen governmental forces and anyone foolish enough to support them!

EGF fire team pinned down by a sniper.
And the guy himself:
He was built from Warlord USMC spree (just as the members of the fire team he is shooting at!). He is actually armed with a Garand rifle, but I can't call it that as I've painted it wrong (the bottom barrel end is painted as wood if anyone cares about such details). I added him a scope, which is why the scope itself is a bit crooked.

I am very happy with how it turned out, except for the wrapped head. It has too "middle eastern" vibe to it. I was aware of that when I was sculpting him, but as his head underwent a lobotomy, this was the best way to hide the result of an amateur surgical operation.

In other news, I am almost done with the painting of a Slovene GPMG team. More on that when it gets done!

Mathyoo

20 comments:

  1. Nice addition to your forces

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks good to me, Mathyoo. I do like the Grekwood graffiti.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thanks. I'm quite fond of most of them - they sure help with making walls more interesting.

      Delete
  3. He looks good. I do like the pose, Nice work mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clint. Can't say much about the pose, I had a crouching miniature left and I figured I could use a sniper! :D

      Delete
  4. Nice job dude!
    He looks like he spends lots of time alone in cover waiting for his targets.
    I really like the truck in the first picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob!
      Got three more trucks (all in police livery). They would need a repaint, but my diecast vehicle painting experience isn't all that flattering as something keeps going wrong.

      Delete
  5. Looking good there- for what it's worth I quite like the head, makes sense to me that a sniper would wrap up like that.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Pete. This is what I was thinking about as well, when I was making it. I would prefer a winter hat or something perhaps. Like a wrapped up balaclava.

      Delete
  6. Looks great to me and already pointed out a sniper would disguise himself. You got that dinosaur painted yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no, not yet. Didn't even start remaking the horns yet. I haven't touched a putty in about a fortnight now.

      I got him planned, no worries! :P

      Delete
  7. Looks great and love the pose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks just fine to me, and don't worry about the head wrap. Could always just say that he isn't ready for his opponents to know who he is. Might have family in enemy territory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - that's a very plausible explanation!

      Delete
  9. Mathyoo, have you seen this:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/443527920/strange-aeons-2nd-edition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, but I will have to pass for now. I haven't even played through the black dossiers in V1 and the money is tight. Cheers for the heads up, though! :)

      Delete