19 Apr 2015

New terrain!

Hello guys,

Deciding I lack houses I could use in both urban and rural settings, I decided to build two smallish box houses that could fit in both SA and Modern setting.

They were recycled from my "urban terrain tiles" I built years ago for my zombie town and never really used all that much - I only had them for 3x3 and they started wrapping.

 The design is simple and meant for an easy and fast building. I used slightly larger bases so I could add a bit of a yard to each of them. They have no roofs as I found out roofs to be a lot of hassle for little gain. They aren't used during game, but they do look lovely at the beginning.

 One has a broken fence and the other one a laundry rope, other than that they are both pretty bland. I was aiming for even whiter colour with only a hint of yellow/blue, but I am quite satisfied with them as they are.

I decided against cutting holes for windows and doors as they aren't REALLY needed and as they don't have separate rooms, windows look weird (as they do on my older terrain).

Also, if the two are put together there is a lovely alley formed in between:

In other news, I started working on two technicals for rebels and I hope to play a game soon - I have so many soldiers painted now I'd love to use them some more!

Thanks for looking,
Mathyoo

18 comments:

  1. Good terrain helps make the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, but I keep struggling with building more terrain for solo games - it would be a lot easier if there were constant games played.

      Delete
  2. Good job Mathyoo! Buildings are always needed to fight over, around etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - either buildings or trees. Which reminds me - I need more trees!

      Delete
  3. Nicely done mate they look great and I like the exterior touches. No roofs? then decorate the interiors :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, but interiors means more work, doesn't it? :P

      I do think they should at least be painted black, however. This cork showing is horrible.

      Delete
    2. Perhaps get some print outs of floors/wallpapers and such and just cut and glue them in :)

      Delete
  4. After my games yesterday I am in the mood for building an urban centre and then seeing these is pushing the idea closer and closer to the front on my mind.

    Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...or should I say sorry? It is good to know someone has something of them!

      Delete
  5. Nice work there. Basing them to make a little alley is a great idea btw.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete. Can't say I based them like this intentionally, but it did came out great :D

      Delete
  6. Pretty cool, you should definitely make a whole village.

    ReplyDelete