11 Sept 2013

Parcel from Brummieland!

Earlier this week, I got a long anticipated parcel from mr. Brummie himself! Apparently we're in some sort of competition now, as contents of what he has sent to me is far better than what I've sent to him. He kindly donated me a copplestone casting couple (my first actual copplestone miniatures! :P), and both painted to his usual standard. I especially like the colours on the lady...she  reminds me of Jessica Rabbit, hehe. Armed with a pistol, she's great addition for SA games as a civilian or agent or future gangster wars (I'll get there!). Second miniature reminds me of mr. Poirot from the series, except this one looks more like he is making the crimes and not solving them! He is looking at the time, so I'd assume he either came too early or someone came too late!

The painting style seems a lot like my own, but finished miniatures look nothing like mine. After a while, I've came to figure it must be varnish that does the difference. I use big vallejo bottle of "mat" varnish that dries satin -.-.

Included in a parcel was another small step towards moderns games. Its Russian T-90 tank from Zhengdefu company. Now, all I know about company so far is, they're also called "Ki-tech" and that they steal kits from other companies (and photos on the cover). Tank is 1/48 scale and I think it will fit well with 28mm. I would prefer T-80 or even the legendary T-72 (it has higher variety of uses), but this one isn't bad at all. I found it on E-bay and got myself in a bit of a bid war...came out on top at 1.71 pounds, so I can't complain :P. I have to thank Simon once again for taking time and energy to actually go pick it up in person (seller was from the same city). Thanks, it is greatly, greatly appreciated!

According to the box, you can also get: M2 Bradley, M3 Bradley, Challenger, Merkava, M60 with reactive armour, Leopard, Marder, AMX 30, Type 74 (jap), Abrams, Type 90 (modern jap), T-80U, Leopard 2, Leclerc, T72. What I'd like to get is a marder and leopard, leclerc or challenger. That would give me great excuse to buy some empress brits or eurekas french or germans. I suppose germans would be best, I'd like the IFV. I've decided I'll leave the americans out, making it an european affair. Maybe make the US the baddies for a change? :P
Here are the contents:
Again, nothing too special, but it is a start to a WWW3 game...I'm still deciding if it will be set in Evergreen Fields, the place where everything bad happens or perhaps russian neo communist party has overthrown the goverment and is now sending its most modern tanks to spear the armoured thrust through northern Italy? As my humvees are actual transportation of our tank hunter units...how couldn't that be a great scenario? Now I need to get more tanks and make a long board with hills on both sides to ambush those tanks! :P

A bit of a brag post today, but it got me time to finish painting something for SA and something for zombie apocalypse/moderns, so I'll show those in my next posts!

Mathyoo

16 comments:

  1. Very nice minis from Brummie. And cool tank, is that the start of a new project for you? Can't have too many of those.

    Can't wait to see your next posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More of a sub-project, I suppose, but I've done humvees (older posts) and am now slooowly collecting other vehicles. Not even close to the miniatures atm, but it is planned, as everything else. Got lots of plans! :P

      Delete
  2. Nice minis. I am also digging the tank. Enjoy them, we look forward to seeing them in use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sure the minis will get use in my next SA game, they're too good too pass!

      Delete
  3. Nice stuff, I look forward to seeing the tank built up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say I was eager to start on it until I've opened the box, then my enthusiasm died out, but it will certainly get built and painted eventually! :P

      Delete
  4. Yes Brummie is one of the good guys! I do like the figures and I very much look forward to seeing the modern stuff done. I did consider setting a game in Alaska as it did originally belong to Russia. Maybe there is an error in the original agreement and Russia decided it wants it back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a plausible scenario! I'd go moderate climate myself, but now that you've mentioned it, war for poles (as in north and south pole :P) would also be something to think about!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Should be nukeless I suppose, or it would end up pretty fast! :D

      Delete
  6. Glad you like them mate. I hope they get some use :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How couldn't I? :P
      I'll make sure they do!

      Delete
  7. Awesome figures by Simon - the gangster's suit is flawless. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, thats a great model to copy it from for my next suits! :D

      Delete